26th March 2016, Kilnahard Pier, Lough Sheelin
Fishing from 11:00 – 18:00
Contact – Noel McLoughlin 087-2179460
The Lough Sheelin Classic will take place this year on the 26th March. The competition will start at 11:00am and finish at 6:00pm. For further information and Entry Forms please contact Noel McLoughlin, 55 Headford Grove, Kells, Co. Meath (+353-87-2179460). You can also fill in the form below to register your entry. Payment should be made to Noel McLoughlin and Cheques should be made payable to Lough Sheelin Classic Committee. Dinner is included in the entry fee.
The entrance fee for Boating Anglers is €70.00
The entrance fee for Non-Boating Anglers is €90.00
Welcome, all anglers to our 11th running of the Lough Sheelin Classic. On behalf of our committee, I wish to extend our heartfelt thanks for your continued support.
You will remember last year that the proceeds from the competition were donated to the wife and family of my brother Pat. Unfortunately Pat passed away in May. On behalf of Pat’s wifi Triona and family I wish to thank you the anglers for your kind messages of sympathy and good wishes in those dark days.
There will be an open draw for boat partners so early entry is advised.
Good luck and be safe,
Error: Contact form not found.
- 19′ Shellie Boat & Trophy, sponsored by Michael McCabe. (Davy Connor Perpetual Cup).
- 6 HP 4 Stroke Engine sponsored by Declan McCabe.
- 45lb Thrust Electric Outboard Motor + Greys Fly reel, sponsored by D McCabe & Rory Coleman.
- Electric Outboard Motor & Life Jacket, sponsored by Tosh Kellett and CC’s Unlimited.
- Electric Motor & Landing Net Sponsored by Kells AA and Precast Armagh
- Electric Motor & Boat Cushion Sponsored by Kells AA and M. Connor
- 2 Nights B & B for 2 Anglers + 1 evening meal + Boat Hire with line reel and net sponsored by Crover House Hotel.
- 3 Nights Self Catering for 4 anglers in Dun Rua’s Cottage. Sponsored by Margaret Strong.
- €100 Tackle Voucher + Free entry to Lough Shellie Classic 2017 + Boat Cushion sponsored by Kells AA and M. Connor
- Free Entry to ISTPA End Of Season Competition, plus Boat Cushion + Fuel Voucher, sponsored by Cut Door Experience.
- Free Entry to Lough Melving Open + Diana Breathable Pull Ups, sponsored by Garrison Anglers & Melvin Anglers & Rory Coleman
Best Kells Angler Free Entry to 2016 World Cup. sponsored by World Cup Committee.
- The Competition will be fished on the 6th April 2015 starting at 11.00a.m. and finish at 6.00p.m.
- The individual with the heaviest fish over the competition will be deemed the winner.
- The size limit of 16 inches will be strictly adhered to. This measurement is from the tip of the nose to the centre of the fork of the tail. Any angler handing in undersized fish will be disqualified.
- All boats must be ready to leave shore at 10.50 a.m.
- A maximum of two persons per boat. No gillies allowed.
- All entrants using boats are expected to have a good knowledge of the lake and must act in a safe manner.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times. Any angler not wearing a life jacket will not be permitted to fish. No exceptions to this rule. The Safety Officer will be present on the day.
- Fishing is from a free drifting boat only. Drogue anchors are not permitted.
- In the interest of conservation anglers may kill only 2 fish, all other fish must be returned.
- Any angler found trolling flies or lures, spinning or dapping will disqualify both anglers in the boat.
- Not less than two and not more than four flies will be permitted.
- No epoxy buzzers.
- Competitors will have only one rod assembled at any onetime.
- No boat will encroach within 100 yards of the boat in front or cut in on another boats drift.
- No proxy anglers allowed.
- Fishing from the shore is not allowed.
- No fish to be kept alive in keep nets or tanks. Any angler doing so will be disqualified.
- All boats must be inside the marker at 6.00 p.m.
- Only brown trout shall weigh in.
- As this is a heaviest fish competition each angler may only weigh in one fish i.e. one prize per angler.
- The committee will not be responsible for accidents or loss. Competitors fish at their own risk.
- The committee reserves the right to alter, cancel or postpone the competition in the event of inclement weather or for any other reason. Entries are accepted subject expressly to this condition.
- The committee’s decision is final in all matters reiating to the competition.
- Any infringements to the rules will automatically disqualify.
- The committee reserves the right of entry.
- All entries includingfee must be received on/before closing date.
- Boats will only be permitted to land at designated areas fortea or any other reason. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- In the event of two fish weighing the same, a draw will be made for places.
PLEASE BRING YOUR LITTER HOME
Please support all our Sponsors, without their generosity the competition could not take place.
Michael McCabe, Sheelin Boats
Declan McCabe, Sheelin Boats
Eamon Gillespie, Crover House Hotel
Tosh Kellett, Respa Beds, Oldcastle
Colm Lynch, Tackle Stop, Navan
World Cup Committee
Garrison & Melvin Anglers Association
Kells AA Committee
Joe Mahon, Kilmainham Hardware
Margaret Strong, Dan Rua’s Cottage
Mary Reilly, Innyside Lodge
CC’s Unlimited & Flying Sportsman, Kells
Dave McBride, Southside Angling Outdoor Experience, Portadown
Procast Angling & Hedge Hunter, Armagh
Skelly Oil, Ballyjamesduff & Skelly’s B & B Virginia